Monday, February 16, 2009

Why This Blog?

I am Ricardo Estrada, EdS, founder of Tumi Publishing. This Blog is dedicated to individuals looking for employment or making a career change. Areas to be covered in the Blog and open for feedback are: Vocational & Career Counseling, Interviewing Skills, Job Search Skills, and any other issues limiting or facilitating your goal. I encourage your comments to my postings and hope you share your story of triumph with me and others who read this Blog.

I have spent my professional life working as a Vocational, Career, and Mental Health Counselor. During my career, I have worked with thousands of individuals from all walks of life. Hopefully, the experience we shared has been as beneficial from them as it has been for me. The biggest benefit of my professional life has been what I've learned from the individuals I was hired to help.

The insight gained while working at an alcohol and drugs recovery halfway house, helping residents find employment, inspired my first novel Sticks of Fire: The Turning Point (WWW.TumiPublishing.com). Please see Book Review to the right under Links. It is a novel of recovery and redemption that illustrates what can be achieved when we work for it. It is a story of triumph of the human spirit and of overcoming all odds, and about what can be accomplished when people are given a second chance. I hope you've had the opportunity to enjoy Sticks of Fire: The Turning Point .

I hope you find this Blog beneficial and of assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment